Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Smash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash_(TV_series)

There's a new musical called SMASH. It's supposed to be coming out on NBC. Haven't heard of it? I hadn't either until last night. It's a musical about a musical, but it's going to be a dramatic tv series. The plot circles around making a musical about Marilyn Monroe, the sexiest woman in the world to some.

I don't wanna spoil the plot for you but I will let you in on a few things worth noting. It's awesome! There is plenty of comedic relief and just the right amount of suspense with a twist of drama. All the musical numbers are right on, they even have a baseball number :3

Overall I thought the performance was awesome. One thing I didn't like about the first episode of this series though. When they focus on the co-director and choreographer having a conversation there was a part where they were walking down a street in....I guess it was new york? Anywho, they were walking down the street and instead of getting a good center on the characters having a conversation, the camera pulls out so you could see all these advertisements in the background.

It's a television show, they already rape it and cut it to pieces to toss in commercial breaks every ten minutes or so, there is no need to have so many ads thrust in your face in the middle of it. Having a HUGE bank of america ad will hurt this show due to the large amount of negative publicity the bank has already received. I know a lot of hardcore BofA protesters will boycott this show simply because of the ad being focused on so heavily for about a minute and a half.

Despite the flaws with product placement, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was gonna suck. I don't really care for musical television series. My idea is that a musical should run between 1.5-3 hours and then it's done. Somehow they managed to change my views with this one. The cliffhanger at the end has me craving more. I doubt I will watch it though, I don't like tv itself. The high pitched frequency gives me a headache after about 30 minutes. If they have it online I will keep up with it though.

Thanks for reading. Dream big my friends :3
namaste <3

No comments:

Post a Comment