Thursday, January 19, 2012

Razzle Dazzle Ka-Boom!

I decided I would wrap up two reviews into one post, simply because I can. On the agenda for today I have Razzoo's Cajun Cafe in Plano, TX. After I get done gushing about scrumptious seafood gonna cover a new movie coming out, Man On a Ledge.

Starting with my best foot forward on this one. Razzoo's Cajun Cafe had great scenery and even better food. I had never been before so this was a real treat for me. Within seconds I was happily greeted by the waitress and other idle staff members near the front counter. In hardly any time at all I had been seated and drinks came my way, Dr. Pepper FTW!

 Appetizers arrived in what appeared to be no time at all. Fried green beans, deliciously coated, and a great cajun style ranch dip to compliment it. After pondering over the perplexing menu I finally made my choice on the seafood sampler. The sampler came with catfish, shrimp, and crawfish tails, all served on a bed of french fries with traditional sauces to compliment. Two words for this dish, absolutely astounding.

After Razzoo's it was time to go get a spot in line to catch the screening of Man On a Ledge, I bet you can't guess what that's supposed to be about. The screening was being hosted at a Cinemark Theatres right next door so I didn't have to go very far. The atmosphere was pretty nice and the staff was very friendly. They didn't have the line barriers set up properly but it was quickly sorted out before it became a problem.

When it was almost time to enter the cinema and grab out seats the usher noticed a kindle in someone's purse. They were instructed to put it in their vehicle during the screening due to protocol. Screen readers, laptops, cameras, and other recording devices are not allowed....but cell phones are permitted. I guess they didn't get the memo that you can do more damage with a cell than you can any of the other toys.

I would rate security relatively low. I was able to smuggle in my pocket knife, digital camera, and flashlight. There were three ushers on hanging out in the shadows watching the crowd for any signs of mischief. Everyone in the crowd was well behaved for the most part and there were no problems there.

Ok, on to the juicy details about the movie. It was a suspense flick similar to Phone Booth where most of the movie takes place in one centralized location. It had a bit of a twist and even got into the back-story of our main character. It started with him getting a hotel room and then, you probably guessed it, getting out on a ledge. From there it flashes back to how he got there. I'm not going to ruin it, but I will let you know there was an epic car chase through the graveyard. I bet that got you attention, and that's only the first ten minutes!

As the story progresses it gets depth at a decent pace keeping the viewer hooked at every twist and turn in the plot. Somewhere in there they throw in some elements of a good heist movie like Ocean's Eleven. How does a man on a ledge pull off a great heist? I can't tell you that, it would ruin the element of surprise, but when it comes out you can find out for yourself.

In closing, overall both experiences went quite well. I would definitely recommend checking out Razzoo's Cajun Cafe for sure. You can go to cinemark if you want, I still like AMC better. Thanks for reading and don't forget to stay tuned for my next review. Not sure what I'm covering after this. I'm kinda feeling for a post on how the occupy movement is doing in the Dallas area and other related bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment